Student run Major League Hackathon in Edinburgh
Teams will have 24 hours to hack with our sponsors' APIs and services to produce some awesome hacks. The hackathon is not themed and prizes are oriented towards our sponsor's challenges.
Overall 1st Place (J.P.Morgan)
The open challenge, goes to the overall best hack. Prize is a MiP Robot each!
J.P.Morgan Leap Motion Challenge
Raspberry Pis up for grabs for the best hack to make use of a Leap Motion
Best Use of the Twilio API
More Raspberry Pis for the hack team making the best Twilio hack.
Best Communications Enhancement (MetaSwitch)
Open to any hack that involves communications, prize is Amazon vouchers
Best Use of the Bloomberg API
Some AR Mini Drones are up for grabs for the best hack to make use of the Bloomberg API.
- You must be a student in order to participate
- You can participate in teams of 1-4 people - we will help you find a team if you do not organise one!
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must bring your Tito ticket to the event
- Individuals must bring all hardware they will use during the hack, while we aim to provide some hardware - we can't make any promises!
- You can create anything you wish! This includes software and hardware hacks
- You are free to use any publically available APIs and libraries (including APIs provided by sponsors)
- You can use any programming language/combination of languages
- You must not submit anything you made before the start of the hackathon - let's keep it fair!
- You must submit the source code to your app - this is used for review purposes, we will not claim rights to your code
- You should aim to create at least a partially working prototype to have the best chance of winning - think of something you can create in 24 hours when planning!
- Please make sure to include photos and videos of your submission in your ChallengePost entry
How to enter
Registration has closed.